View Single Post
Old 05-02-22, 10:26 AM   #4582
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Just that editing the Commands.cfg can result in "bumping" other commands out. As in when you added the Life-ring Toss to a button, you had to add to the number of commands, although it didn't look like you had to, since the number already looked to be large enough, but you found the different "categories" of Commands was the limiting factor. I seriously doubt if that's where the trouble lies though, because the battery charge is an existing Command in
[Cmd152]
Name=Propulsion_recharge
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F0F0002
Notice though, there is no button push for it, only the Menu ID. This is another area of SH4 modding that is a foreign language of deep complexity to me. I may as well attempt to learn Zhou Dynasty "Chinese"... I have no clue what CaptainScurvy did in this area, in spite of his attempting to spell it out to me in plain English... let's talk quantum mathematics instead... lol - or maybe fractal analytics...

- another thought had occurred to me earlier, and that was your previous editing of the Commands.cfg, and the way the edit did seem to work in a previous Install / Save Folder, and that if you did a new Install / Save Folder that had the edit already in the Commands.cfg, that it might alter the functionality in a different way. We have tested equipment on the submarine, and thought the edits a failure, only to have the changes function correctly in a fresh Install / Save Folder, but have also had the opposite also, where they fail in a new install. Again though, I seriously doubt that the Commands.cfg works the same way as a upc file in the UnitParts#SubName.upc file would. The UnitParts changes require an "Objects" conning tower change to initiate the changes with...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote