View Single Post
Old 01-26-16, 04:17 PM   #100
Wizz
Watch

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

This is a really fantastic thread, and while it was obviously started a few years ago, I'm very happy that it was stickied.

After a decade long interest with German U-boats (I started with SHII, fell in love with it, and was surprised with the timely release of SHIII - obviously having a subsim of this quality hooked me properly!), I've only recently returned to delve back into SHIV. I played it on it's release, but never really found the same interest in the Pacific campaign. Let's not talk about SHV....

Well, I'm not sure why, but I have really enjoyed getting back into SHIV, and have found the amount of readily available archive information to be fantastic! While no dearth of it on the German side, the US by virtue of both their victory and English language have really helped me get back into it. I had no idea as to the real depth [pun fully intended] of the Submarine effort during the Pacific.

I've got lots of reading to do, but it has been fantastic to revisit these forums and find references to the detail I so very much love to delve into!

Happy hunting all!
Wizz is offline   Reply With Quote