View Single Post
Old 04-14-15, 06:11 PM   #18
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I'd be in! I'm still playing SHII and DC! on my old win98.
I unplugged my old HP Computer that has Windows 95 on it and that is what I use to play Destroyer Command and Sub games on.

It's just sitting on the floor in my front bedrooms (computer room) with all my other old software games sitting in a book cabinet gathering dust.

I did enjoy playing the sub games and was really hoping that DC/SH would work together over the internet. I did manage to play a couple of games online and got killed so fast it was suspicious. So I figured they had a hack of some kind that showed where I was every time and stopped playing online. I mean the guy went straight for me every time and knew exactly where my sub was located when I was submerged, deep and moving slow. And they found me without pinging with sonar too. Actually I was more than out of sonar range when they bee lined straight to me and dropped depth charges. I did play the game a few other times online and didn't have that same type of experience. That pretty much did it in for me for playing online with strangers on those old servers. But I still enjoyed playing solo missions for a while. I was at the time taking a break from another online WWII flight sim game and looking for a slower paced game. But Submarine games were much slower that flight sim WWII multiplayer air combat games that I had been playing and I missed the faster pace.

I had another game that I was hoping I could play against others online back in the 1994 time era. That was Pacific Air Wars but I never did manage to get that game to play online with anyone else. I didn't know anyone that played that game. The internet was not really that well know back at that time. It was more peer to peer type connections and I never did figure out how to connect my phone modem up to the game to play with others back in those days.

My first online internet gaming experience came on or with the Microsoft Internet Gaming Zone and Fighter Ace 1.0. That was always my favorite flight game and I played that game online and off line for well about 10 years.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote