View Single Post
Old 04-17-23, 11:43 AM   #5362
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you still have a copy of the Stock game on your computer, you can copy and paste that folder into another new folder and use that. Do not have the game in a Program Files folder, which as torpedobait says, is all in the first post on the first page of this thread, or on the download page, or can be found in detail in the mod's Support folder. You basically should start with a "fresh" copy of the game, because as good of an app as JSGME is, you cannot guarantee that the game folder is "clean" after de-activating a mod, since there are too many factors that can play a part in ruining that. If you used JSGME to activate FOTRS, then you can use JSGME to deactivate it also, but be aware that it might not completely restore your game files. Also, pay attention to the requirements for the FotRSU mod, in that you must be running v1.5 of SH4, aka: Gold Edition, aka: U-Boat Missions Add-On on v1.4 of the game (very rare these days). FOTRS v2.x ran on the SH4v1.4 while FOTRS v1.2 & .3 ran on SH4v1.5 (Gold Edition). It is also best to be using a 64-bit version of a Windows OS, since you really do need to use a Large Address Aware type program to open more Windows memory to the 32-bit SH4.exe file.
Thanks a lot for the tips. However, I can't download the 101 quickfix for FOTRSU. I was able to download everything except that. When I click on the link, it says it's restricted to officers of this forum...
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote