View Single Post
Old 10-31-20, 01:34 AM   #1
Submariner99
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Can't get JSGME and WAC to work on Steam installation of Silent Hunter III

I originally played SH3 when it first came out, and with no mods. Waiting for Uboat to be finished caused to me reinstall it through Steam.

The base game is working fine. But I can't get the recommended Generic Mod Enabler to function properly. I installed it in the main game folder, see picture 1, and it created a MODS folder inside the JSGME folder. I copied WAC and another mod into this folder. JSGME recognized and activated the mods, but the game didn't.

So then I created a separate MODS folder inside the main SH3 folder. When I run JSGME, same thing, it appears to work, it finds the mods, and I can activate them and they move from the left side of the panel to the right.

Then I manually open SH3.exe using run as administrator, with the game set to work for Windows 7 compatibility mode, and the game opens and runs, but without any mods. One suggestion was that the read-only file permissions might be to blame. When I change the file permissions a progress bar starts and it seems like every file in the folder is changing, but it still doesn't function, and the next time you look at the folder it is back to showing as read-only again.

So, then I used a command prompt to make sure I was logged in as admin, and I used advanced features, and security and edit to change permissions, making sure all the little boxes were checked. But the same thing happened, it reverts back to its default state the next time I look at it.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I just want to play SH3, War Ace Campaign in a Type XXI in 1939 for "what if" purposes.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH3_screen_1.jpg (73.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SH3_screen_2.jpg (27.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg SH3_screen_3.jpg (35.3 KB, 10 views)
Submariner99 is offline   Reply With Quote