Old 04-20-22, 08:28 AM   #8
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Led View Post
Hello,

So sh4 is probably my least played silent hunter series, Im more into the altantic and u-boats.

Very recently I tried the ato mods and taking a liking to them. And it got me thinking. Why dont I try a good old pacific campaign in a US sub, maybe my perception changed and I will have a blast ( using imperial beside for knots ).

Now it seems there are two main mega mods to choose from.

TMO or FotRS?
I went over the mods and read them and their change a bit already, but as someone with very few hours in silent hunter 4 it doesnt really speak to me.
Could a gentle soul explain to me their differences and possible recommendations? Or redirect me to a thread doing so, I havent found one.

I usually enjoy a good challenge, evading smart destroyers is one of the more fun aspect for me, crash diving every 2 in game hours for planes a bit less ( I didnt get the memo you had to submerge during the entire day at the time).
I also wouldnt say no to the one with the better effects and graphics.

Thank you
OM Darkwaters is in the Atlantic and MED and The Indian/Pacific area depending on which mods you enable in JSGME. Check it out. I'm enjoying it in the Atlantic region. One glitch, I was sent on a mission in the Indian ocean/australia but a modder sent me a fix that apparently is working so far to keep all the objectives where they are supposed to be. Still testing the fix. There's also KSD II ACE which is Atlantic. For some reason I have issues with that on my machine. OM Darkwaters has been pretty damn stable.

As for the US side there a quite a few to chose from. I like Fotrs and TMOw/TW both. There's also A Brit mod called We Dive at Dawn, that's okay(british subs naturally) and a Japanese mod called IJN Jyunsen B if you want to play on the Japanese side in the pacific/indian oceans in their subs.

Last edited by 1Patriotofmany; 04-20-22 at 08:37 AM.
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote