View Single Post
Old 09-24-20, 11:32 PM   #7
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777 View Post
While playing with Real Navigation and contacts update turned off, it seems that patrol vessels are able to determine the location of my sub. of course, its just my suspicion

silent run usually helps to avoid further chasing...
Patrol vessels know where you are because as soon as you fire your torpedo at a ship in a convoy they hear you and can triangulate your approximate location. Their lookouts are also quite good. When they are in your approximate area one wil stop, listen, or ping, while the others circle around. Today I hid straight under the pinging ship at 100 meters near the seabed. They had no clue. When they moved their search area I snuck out at 1kts, silent running, crew on silent and battle stations prepared for engagement. Also when you use your echolot near a convoy DD's will hear you. When you transmit without proper care they will hear you. When you go over 1 kt they will hear you. When you get too close to a convoy surfaced they will see you.

Today, feb. 41 I saw a Destroyer with the first British experimental radar. He did not see me but I went decks awash and added 1 meter for good measure.

How I knew I was under the pinging ship? I of course cheated and used the free cam to see what they were doing up above from down below. So when I saw one stop I just steered under it and played dead. It is interesting to use the free cam as well as the exterior cam to study their programmed tactics. it will help later when you go full realism, no external views, real navigation. So I am not at all sure it is a bug.

OLtzS Ashikaga.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type...rld%20War%20II.

Last edited by Ashikaga; 09-25-20 at 01:36 PM.
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote