View Single Post
Old 10-07-21, 06:42 PM   #152
Revus
Mate

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
That is strange, definitely going to look into it. Honestly, highly doubt it is eax sound mod, have used it for years with no such problems, ever. The sonar stack and gauges stuck bug is usually caused by saving game when other units are nearby, especially other submarines. FOTRS also had same bug with AI subs as well. I did not have the bug in testing, nor have encountered on patrol.

This patrol, was this a reload after saving? Were there any other units in the area? Not just visual but anything audible on hydrophone, even if very distant or radar? Of course it is possible were just outside your detection, but were nearby. Were your engines stopped when saved? I remember the bug from years ago, all the dials, including sonar would lock up and one preventive step was to make sure engines were at all stops when saved. The sim, especially when modded has always been weird about saves. I've noticed on all computers have ran SH 4 with various mods from RFB to TMO, when sim reloads with mod weird things can happen....ranging from bugs like the one you encountered, to not crediting ships sunk or objectives achieved before save, or the "high in the water" ship bug where some ships are sitting high in water, where their props are just out of the water and thus can't propel themselves, or the torpedo bug where every torpedo will be a dud, run deep, or no prematures happen. Issues are not with every save, but does happen from time to time.

Thank you for the detail error report, especially with date/time and coordinates, will make it easier to track down any possible issues. I have a patrol running currently, do not like to tab out of the sim as can cause issues, but when back in port will run it down.

I look forward to hearing about your repeated night attacks on the convoy. Really is one of my favorite things in the sim. Find myself and a convoy in a large piece of open ocean, pursue for days, sometimes a week before, repeat attacks. Going on the coordinates, you are in area about 362 NM NNE of Palau Islands, roughly north of Ulithi and Palau in area Flower Bed. Nice open area of ocean. Were you ordered there or ?

Know what? Im sure you're right. It seems I saved just after suracing, RIGHT before finding these guys on SJ. I've had nearly all of the rest of those "save glitches" before. Especially before knowing most of the fun idiosyncrasies of SH4. Quite a few MARUs are on the bottom that got no credit. At this point, I pretty much have a checklist for saves:
-Surfaced
-Control Room
-Moving
-No contacts near (as best as possible)

I was able to scan manually with the mouse wheel however. Its still tough though. not able to visualize where Im searching with a dial, but it works.

This was actually on my way to a photography mission in the Yellow Sea that Im most likely going to not accomplish. Ill probably get back into the patrol tonight and chase them down. Seems like they went back to 030, but I have a feeling the DE is going to be trailing back to prevent that.

Not sure about the gun noises though. tried that in a few scenarios & no change
I put this particular attack on the main SH4 page for a detailed readout.

Last edited by Revus; 10-07-21 at 07:04 PM.
Revus is offline   Reply With Quote