View Single Post
Old 07-08-12, 05:56 AM   #58
Codz
A-ganger

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Well, shall it be now? Both statements are mutually exclusive.

And I still cannot see any argument why an ideology that has been proven by history beyond any doubt to be evil and wicked, inhumane, brutal and murderous, why that ideology again is being given space to unfold, grow strong, and cause another giant massacre maybe. Was 60 million dead the last time not enough? Is there still the benefit of doubt for the perpetrator?
Your ignorance groups millions of people as murderous psychopaths so easily. I refuse to limit millions of people's religious rights for your paranoia. I am an atheist, yet I can find room to be tolerant of Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. Being tolerant doesn't mean letting extremists impose their beliefs and practices on the unwilling, however. You wanting to censor their religious beliefs is no different than them being allowed to impose their will on us. You act like if they are allowed to freely practice their religion, then they are free to also practice their laws and suppresion. This would not happen because the Federal law of the US surpasses any other authority, religious or otherwise. The Federal law of the US is also, by definition, secular. If they try to break US law in some way, then throw them in prison for that, not for what deity they choose to worship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Well, not for me. Ban Nazis, smack Nazi, crack down on them and leave them no room to move and no air to breath. But today, America is home to the biggest and richest and most influential Nazi organizations in the world. Not Germany. Not Europe.

America.

300,000 killed GIs turn in their graves.

Yet still they still have absolutely no power in government and are a laughing stock for the general public. Free speech is one of the many things that separates us from the Nazi regime. By limiting that, you draw one step closer to them. It also gives them a fee card to act and feel "oppressed". That could draw sympathy for them. I'd prefer to let history speak for itself than to censor out the negative aspects.