View Single Post
Old 07-06-10, 03:37 PM   #72
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

RE Tower Emblems, and HULL numbers:

I won't do hull numbers in this mod. German uboats didn't place these on their hulls during war time. Im not sure about peace time, but i have NEVER seen a picture of a german controlled uboat with a hull number.

Tower and flotilla emblems are already possible to place. Though it is currently an external option. Meaning you have to replace the emblem.tga and flotilla.tga with one of your liking. I have an idea on making this an ingame selectable option. So you can swap emblems out when in port without exiting the game.

Currently on back burner though, because crew speech graph data files need more immediate attention. Ubi REALLY half assed these. Took me all morning to get the sonar man to give a verbal reply to orders without repeating them twice. Watch officer is next, and this will be even more "fun" since i'll be doing it from scratch. (it's totally missing)

Campaign wise, i think 80 to 90% of it is in and working. (thanks to Lurker). I still need to do harbor traffic for Atlantic and caribean, and the sea trails missions. I am seriously considering omitting these, it's alot of scripting work.

Sub wise, i made a good breakthrough. I fixed battery recharging times. Instead of it taking 15 to 20 hours to recharge a battery from 20% to 100%, it will now take about 6 or 7 hours. The best part is, i didn't change how the Uboat engines work, and make them work like the fleetboat engines where they're always on. (another way to circumvent this problem)
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote