View Single Post
Old 11-16-22, 05:08 PM   #5137
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper Patrik View Post
Hello again, and thanks for your prompt replies. The date is June 27th, 1943 and I'm in the USS Balao, which was awarded to me. As that happened, I was whisked away from Midway to Brisbane, whence I departed.

As I tried to return, I only got the "Rearm/Refuel" and "Postpone" options. After a couple of reloads, I suddenly got the fouled anchor at Brisbane as my home port again, but I still can't dock there.

Any ideas?
Eee-yup... You do not mention when you were "awarded" the boat, but I suspect that you probably accepted delivery of the Balao prior to its "official" availability date in the game. This happens when you do well, and the game "rewards" you with a new boat, which near as we can tell, can happen up to three months prior to its actual availability date of 1943-05-21, but at San Francisco's Mare Island Naval Yard. The first date west of the 180° IDL where it is used is at Brisbane 1943-06-03, with Midway 1943-07-01, but partols do not start on the CareerStart menu until Fall of 1943 at Brisbane, which is why you were sent there for the Start. If you did accept it earlier than May 21, you will most likely never be able to End Patrol dock. This is another reason why it is always best to Save coming into port when outside the 'busy' area surrounding the home ports. If you have an old Save, go back to prior to your accepting the Balao, and tell the game "no". Dock at Midway again, and go on a Patrol that takes you past June 3rd at least, and preferably past July 1 at Midway. If you do not have a Save coming into port, you would have to either re-do your patrol, or start a new career. We will do another attempt at a work-around for the next release but, be aware, like several other perceived "bugs" in the game, they are not truly "fixable" with mods. All we can do is attempt to minimize their occurrence and possibly minimize their impact.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote