View Single Post
Old 01-04-22, 06:25 PM   #4193
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
I went to bed right after writing out that bug report, I'm afraid I'm not as experienced at writing bug reports as I am at generating bugs!
I have a save right before I fire torpedoes at the Akagi and ran through it atleast ten times each resulting in a crash last night. I also had this issue also firing one torpedo at a Yuugumo class destroyer, but it seems like this bug only shows up in the general area around Midway June 4th because I've run various test missions and haven't been able to reproduce it except while attacking Nagumo's fleet in the vicinity of Midway.

I can't believe the Museum is at fault here because I only ran that several days ago to eyeball the new Narwhal model. I have sixteen GB of ram, a Nvidia 1060 4gb, and I'm running the game out of my second hard drive which is a Samsung "hybrid" SSD, I have around 67 gigabytes left on it out of a 1 TB capacity. As far as I can tell SH4.exe is NOT in read only and has the large address aware flag on it. I think my install might just be cursed, going to try a reinstall and only use the bare minimum of mods. c
Def check the LAA versus SH4.exe, as MM points out. I have found an issue at Darwin for the early boats, with transposed numbers, of which torpedobait apparently hit one of those. I am almost finished checking his trouble, and will look into the actual make-up of the Strike Force off Midway. One ship, not directly related to the ship that seeminly CTDs the game, can indeed, cause that. But were both the CV Akagi and the DD Yugumo in the same task force? Thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote