Old 12-29-21, 01:57 PM   #4117
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Thx for the précisions....
I was going to forget ... binocular problem the compass is wrong ...
eh... what kind of binocular problem? The Player's view, or one of the crew does not have theirs at the ready? If you use the CWC, I have found a few boats that have a crewmember or two not properly holding them, losing them overboard, and then pretending like they still have them... such behavior shall not be tolerated, and they will be reprimanded with forthcoming Patch. I am having issues now with the new jackets, but it seems I found the issue, and just have to apply it across the "fleet"... but let us know about the binoculars, which ones you mean, and which compass, but also be sure and include which boat, from where, and which date you are sailing. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Storm View Post
My Modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7
German PPI Screen and Metric Nomographs
399_NoScrollNavMap
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
454_EasyAOB_FotRSU

Next Patrol now, and the Rank signs have disappeared:
https://ibb.co/Sy5KFm1

And they offered me a new command, which i denied, of course, because it was the 2x of January '43. Would have been the Balao, since i allready have the MS Gato.
Wonder if they offer me a new, new command, when the time should be fitting?

Image link is not showing, but when editing, I can see that it is the same interior picture...
OK, I got to see your picture above, but I could not get the link to function as it looks like you intended... imgbb just does not like to do the IMG tag here apparently. Anyway, I would not recommend you use the "German PPI Screen and Metric Nomographs" at all while playing the US pacific subs. I cannot find that mod, and we have no way of seeing what it does, besides artwork. If you want a metric Nomograph, CapnScurvy has one around SubSim somewhere here, and it is probably compatible with FotRSU. I'll see if I can find that here in a bit. In the meantime, a new command is an elusive target. About like trying to do manual targeting on a BB moving at 32 knots, and your periscope wont' stop spinning... This is the post from Ducimus, creator of TMO "Of refits, new commands, rank, and retirements, which we have a pdf version of in the Support folder of FotRSU somewhere. If the "math" looks a bit wonky, it is... no one mentions order of operations or mentioins using parenthesis to delineate such. If the math is done the way he says, then you end up with the possibility of a divide by zero situation, which surely is not what can happen... but anyway, suffice to say that a Player can end up with a Zero rating for their Patrol Rating, which is what promotions and New Commands are based upon. The basic premise that you have to do three patrols, and all three at an "Excellent" rating, which involves (seemingly) more than just renown. When you meet the conditions, then you are offered a New Command upon return to base. But again, you do have to do rather well. Years ago, I had a Porpoise out of Pearl in TMO, which FoTRSU is based upon, and I did nine patrols in the boat, sinking some ships, taking a lot of damage, and never got a new conning tower, and was never offered a New Command. I did get promotions, we did earn "medals", we did get new radar etc. as time allowed, but I still had the "bathtub" conning tower in late 1943. When I came back in from my last patrol, I was "retired" and sent to the Submarine School, with the admonition of "Those who can't, teach"... lol - that wasn't rude at all, now was it? lol - In other words, I did just enough, apparently, to not be retired earlier, but never quite enough to get a new boat. Oh well. But that is the way the game works in that regard. We have ~never~ seen any Ubisoft documentation on how most of the internals of the game works, and most of what we "know" is supposition

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote