View Single Post
Old 10-09-23, 06:31 AM   #1457
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
yeah, so, i made the leap from RFB 2.0 vanilla by adding RSRD V5.x.
lots of changes!
one of the bad changes is that i have lost the ability to use the hydrophone.
the sensor team uses it and calls out the contacts, etc, however when i go to the hydrophone station and click on the bearings, the hydrophone refuses to move. while this is not a catastrophic issue, it does impair my effectiveness.
any hints as to what may have changed and is now getting in the way?

maybe a better question to ask is this: which files, or parameters within a file, allow the user-player to manipulate the hydrophone to a specific bearing? is it a sensor file or a camera file or .....? if i knew the file name, then i can see what adding RSRDC did with that file and (hopefully) discover why i cannot use the hydrophone as i did with vanilla RFB.

+++++
after a bit more testing, i have determined that the change was NOT due to applying RSRDC but is part of RFB.
the hydrophone was usable with the S-boat i was driving but is NOT usable with the Balao. i made the upgrade co-incident with applying RSRDC so i blamed the new mod but that was an incorrect conclusion.
++++
more test results: in addition to the Balao, both the Gato and the Tampbar/Gar suffer from the same non-functionality of the hydrophone, but the Porpoise hydrophone functions just fine.

so, what is different about the hydrophone between the S-boat & Porpoise and the Tambor/Gar/Gato/Balao?
too many files were modified in RFB to eliminate them one at a time. i need a hint.

++++
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4_RFB\MODS]

1_RFB_2.0
2_RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
3_SMMO for RFB 2.0
4_RFB_2.0_Patch_06June2019
5_Stop The Shouting
6_OTC RFB 2.0
7_Increased binoculars for RFB OTC
8_RFB_LocNames
8_09_RSRDC_RFB_V575
805_U.S. Medals Fix II_RFBv1.52
81_Clean and Quiet Map
82_Webster's 300' Underwater Visability for v1.5
83_3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
The <Home> and <End> keys might do the rotation for you without any other fixes. But CapnScurvy did OTC Gato Sonar Bearing Fix and that should work with your mix. It specifies the Gato though, and I don't remember if that helps the others or not...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote