View Single Post
Old 11-18-22, 09:17 AM   #181
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
I cannot find any "SH3.exe" file in any LSH3 folder to be able to evaluate.
Can you direct me to better to find what is needed?
I retried both the Commander and the "straight' LSH3 load and both just disappeared after loading.
This is awful!
Archive1
You might not have file extensions visible in your File Explorer. That option is "off" in Windows by default. There are two files in the SH3 install folder that are named "SH3". The first is "SH3.dll", which will have a little icon with a couple of cogged gears as the illustration. The "SH3.exe" file will have an icon with "SH3" in a red font, on a dark greenish background, with a tiny TypeVII sub (??) in the lower right corner of the icon. Not the easiest thing to see. So choose the red icon with a right-click, and then left-click on "Properties" at the bottom of the resultant context menu, and on the first page it opens to, which is the "General" tab, you will see an "Attributes" section near the bottom with a "Read-only" tick box, which should be empty. If there is a checkmark in that little white box, click on it to clear it, and then click OK to get out of there Now try to run the 4Gig Patch and choose that same SH3.exe file in that same folder as your "target" for the patch.

Not being able to open a Saved game after several tries usually means it is corrupt. It does sometimes take a few attempts at loading to get some Saves to come up. Also, some Saves will "disappear" as you attempt to use others. You should get a little pop-up warning when it goes to do that. As for applying promotions and awards to your crew, I am not familiar enough with that in SH3 to advise, and I do not remember why certain messages come up concerning it. I usually skip the process. Let them eat cake...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote