View Single Post
Old 10-15-14, 06:19 PM   #1152
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Sorry to disagree with you Sailor Steve but your criticism of the mod as it is developing is unwarrented and We like to be supportive here for this amazing effort. He is achieving miracles with this development and I applaud his dedication and ingenuity. If you wish to make your own mod you can certainly focus on that detail you mention but frankly history does not always allow us to re create it in total with any sim esp an older one like this. this is truly an amazing achiievement here, and worthy of support and praise and not criticism.

As for Capt. de la Periere, he was loved and somewhat hated by his own crews as he crammed in shells wherever there was any conceivable space, including the usual storage for food, which was packed UNDER or behind the shells requiring the crew to be on meager rations until those shells were epxended. He managed to take aboard far more ordinance than anyone else, and indeed it was frowned upon by the Command ashore and he actually had to use subterfuge for they started inspecting his boat before departure as they knew what he was up to.

He was truly a marvel and not only a great gunnery officer but a fantastic seaman and true sailor man as well. I am glad to see you have reserached with the depth of your experience Iam....and am so impressed with all you are achieving.

I am wondering if someday we may see Zepplins over the lfeet ...sigh i loved those big ships of the sky but they were not a major factor of the war ....tho they were used often with the High Seas Fleet when it was at sea.

thanks so much for this amazing effort, truly one of the uniquely successful major mods I have ever seen. Well done!
Thanks for your comments Admiral and good to see you posting here again! Although FYI I'm not offended by Sailor Steve - we're buds and we've corresponded before; he's definitely not trying to be a downer.

Now, speaking of explosive charges ... let's just say I recommend you guys keep watching this thread! More screenshots to come very soon. Thanks to S3ditor I may have some tricks up my sleeve...

I don't know if I want to include a 1000 shell loadout option because it was so exceptional, as you have pointed out. When I read about this I assumed the boat must have been extremely cramped and uncomfortable - your comments confirm it! Thanks for the insights. If I do include this loadout it will require a lot of renown points.

For players who want to sink a lot of ships I can goof with the deck gun values, torpedo explosive power, and torpedo dud rates - creating a "noob friendly" variant of WOTK: 1914-1918 would take no time at all, with the modding tools we have these days.

I found out that some of the Kaiserliche Marine diesel boats that originally had just 6 torpedoes were modified to carry 10 torpedoes or more as the war went on; this will be implemented with entirely new submarine classes as a work-around. For instance, there will be "Early U-31 Class" (6 torpedoes) and "Late U-31 Class (10 torpedoes)", etc to represent these submarines after the offensive loadout was improved with refits.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote