View Single Post
Old 10-23-22, 11:24 AM   #14061
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I just had to do a Steam re-install due to computer woes, and when I downloaded and installed the Steam app, I did my usual routine of NOT installing it in Program Files (x86). When I went to download and re-install SH5, I noticed on the install menu that there is now a "Install into" dropbox that looks like it might let me choose where to put the game... has anyone tried to use that, and does it eliminate the need to create a Steam Library folder that is not in a Program Files folder? Just curious. I am in the process still of wading into the shark infested Ubisoft Connect waters, and we'll see in a while how well I do getting TWoS going again...

Edit 1206 hours: Game install completed, and it does run - it did take a bit of arm twisting to get Steam to run the game, but UConnect is updated also, and has all of my other Ubisoft downloaded games, as well as the Steam SH5... Here goes TWoS...

Edit 1615 hours: Piece of cake, nothing to it, easy-peasy - I must be getting used to the routine. No issue whatsoever with TWoS install:

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-23-22 at 04:14 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote