View Single Post
Old 01-11-21, 01:55 PM   #28
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks for the information about the main.cfg file, I didn't know that the file should be changed in the "my documents/SH5/data/cfg" folder.

I am far from programming, but I have an assumption that the movement of the sky occurs according to two algorithms, depending on the situation: "3d-rendering" - the movement of stars occurs "graphically", starting from some control point at which the position of the stars was loaded from a certain "library" responsible for the position of the stars and occurs until the moment you go beyond 3d-rendering. When playing "outside of 3d-rendering", perhaps another algorithm works, where an error-free "virtual (analytical) movement of stars" occurs. Accumulated errors in 3d-rendering are saved when the game goes "beyond 3d-rendering".

I understand that the [TIME COMPRESSION] configuration in v.2.2.22 is a well thought out decision and should not be changed to the detriment of the gameplay. As far as possible, I will try to get more information about the movement of the sky in v.2.2.22 in various time compression modes.