View Single Post
Old 07-15-13, 11:22 PM   #3
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So, my question is should I have the throat of my 223 AR lengthened at great expense, aggravation and possible risk involved with finding a Gun Smith experienced and equipped to do this properly and hoping he doesn't screw it up.

OR

Wait for prices to come down some more and buy a whole new upper for my AR that is already chambered for 5.56? (presently about $500-$1K).
Most AR's should be chambered for 5.56...

What kind of AR do you have? Yes there is a difference...but with AR's you never know. There are some AR's that are officially chambered .223 but are really rated for 5.56

@Ducimus Thank you for starting this up. It's good that we have a thread for this now so we can avoid major political debates.

----

I still haven't been out to the range to sight in my Savage Axis .223 from Christmas....one of these days I will.

Come to think of it...I haven't shot in a long time. I don't mean like little .22s...I do that all the time...

Last time I shot anything bigger was Thanksgiving. I went out with some family and an SKS, .40 Compact (Manufacturer unknown. I didn't look) and an old .22 bolt action.

My uncle told me that if I hit the 100 yard target with that .22 he'd be impressed. So guess who went and did just that? No scope on a windy day... Took me a few shots but I got it.

Shooting is a great hobby.