View Single Post
Old 08-25-15, 07:11 PM   #1491
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Thanks very much to the contributors! jhapprich, thanks for the tip about modding torpedoes. Do you know how many lbs of explosive were in each variety of torpedo, and what the diameters were? I know that the U-66 Class and several other kinds could only take 45cm torpedoes, unlike the 50cm torpedoes that other submarines used.

Latest about the mod: I am working on the second video for the mod, which will showcase several unique features ... I just need to add some new classes of ship and other items.

I have decided once and for all to create a good set of ship's boats, based on plans of the HMS "Dreadnought" and her small craft. I had started this project, but the files were destroyed in the hacking incident.

This steam pinnace has more details than the one I did a few months ago; there is a wheel and transparent glass (as opposed to a fake glass .TGA/DDS) created with another material in the .DAT file. There really is a lot you can do with ship mods by playing with opacity values.

Battleships and Armored Cruisers, etc will have big launches - the smaller open boats will also equip merchant ships. You will also encounter these boats in harbor and close to shore, being used for civilian and military purposes. And I know that there were subtle differences in launches but I can't research minute variations on each battleship, cruiser, &c - hopefully this suffices.

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote