Old 09-01-22, 02:58 PM   #494
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisermike View Post
First off...who ever did this is an amazing individual.
Period.

I thought I was done with this as I couldn't get it to roll on win10.
Been playing this off and on for at about 10 years.

ONLY issue i have found is that I'm stuck at Tirpitzhaven regardless.
Got into Wilhelmshaven...but couldn't find a way out. On the map, there looks to
be ways of egress but from the con, you can see what appear to be canal locks. In other places, you have thin fingers of land that you can see ships on the other side of. Don't try to fake it and run through. Physics and Uboats don't go well at times lol.

I'm up to January 40 but still have no sub upgrades short of batteries. No other sub variants yet. Maybe too early in 40? It's been a while lol.

Note: Figured out Wilhelmhaven. The gates open after a time. Something new to the game.
Also restarted the game with the training course. Finally got into a type 7. Sadly, I'm in the middle of '40 again and no Type 9's in any flotilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.Willow View Post
Are you using the LSH3 super mod? If you are read carefully the instructions. You can specify to begin missions at sea which means away from port.
To leave port without doing that you need to start your mission, immediately save the mission. [Saves time when you wreck the boat.]
Take a tour of the port at about 3-4 knots, learn the layout. I used the external camera a lot.
At night is the easiest time to see the locks [the lights] that allow access to the sea.
You must time your entry into & exit from the lock carefully or the submarine will get damaged.
Personally, I don't much like the U-boats at the beginning of the game and I didn't actually hunt the enemy. My focus was on completing the patrol so I could advance the game.

I want to stress this because you will not enjoy the LSH3 MOD otherwise.
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS several times, print them out and keep them close. SH3 is no longer being supported except by the crew at LSH3.

If you do not understand something, go to their website and request support. They are serious about helping the community and they will give you the assistance you need, but it might require some dedication on your part to get through a problem. A simple problem could take days to cure because of time zones and whatnot.
Das Spiel genießen
Think, iirc... the locks each set opens/closes on a set time of...

if inside, if they're closed when you get to them... wait until they open... glide in, using 7 knots speed... drawing even to them to either side of the sub, center mass... all stop & coast... bring the sub to a dead stop & watch the locks you just passed to note when they close... start timing.... about 2:15.... maybe 2:20... the outer set will open.... go ahead 1/3 I think it is... (the # 1 key, just above the letter keys, just to the right of the ~ key...) or the 2 key... either works fine... & you're free & clear to navigate from there... same process... on heading back in... just that the doors will be in the reverse order...entering through the outer doors 1st, wait, then enter through the inner set 2nd.

Hope that info helps...

M. M.