View Single Post
Old 04-26-06, 01:35 PM   #1
bsalyers
Sparky

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
Default DangerDeep on Mac OS X Tiger

I've just spent a very frustrating 24 hours researching and attempting tp install Danger From the Deep on Mac OS X. I very much want to give it a try, and according to the dev site, it should be possible. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find useful documentation and nearly impossible to contact anyone. After trying many hours to compile and install the software without assistance, I joined the forum, only to be told that my membership was "pending authorization." I never received an email, and this morning, despite a notice on the forum that I am the "newest member", I still can't log in. "Well," I thought, "I'll just PM a moderator". But no, private messaging is disabled. It is so difficult to reach anyone directly involved with the project that it gives the impression they are trying to avoid it.
There are some pretty clear instructions on the site for installing to the ubiquitous Win32 platform and likewise other linux distros like Debian. Mac OS is mentioned, but there are no detailed instructions for installing and no reference to the "missing GL Library" error I'm getting.
If any of the devs drop by this forum, or anyone knows them, please let me know how I can get in touch or get a little assistance.
TIA.