View Single Post
Old 08-22-12, 08:34 AM   #7
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189
Uploads: 0

Well my point was that the failure of Flight was pretty much down to them appointing a demonstrated incompetent with no knowledge or interest in the subject as project lead. Hence the talk about they offered crap content like cockpit-less aircraft and the game itself being devoid of any actual gameplay and then wondered why noone bought it. Flight didn't fail because it was F2P - Flight failed because it was a crap game with no gameplay compounded with having no content at launch.

Meanwhile the impression I got from Neal's interview was that the SHO devs are genuinely interested in and care about sub sims. I think they honestly want to make a good submarine game withing the constraints of the F2P model and if the gameplay is good and they have a good amount of content at launch it will be a success.

Flight should've targeted the same demographic as Strike Fighters: People who like planes and realism but have no time or interest in the complex hardcore procedures of FS. Had they had a project lead who actually played flight sims this would probably have happened. But instead they put Joshua Howard in charge who seemed to have nothing but distaste for flight simmers.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote