View Single Post
Old 03-18-08, 04:43 AM   #103
hcwolf9
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Best SLI settings in SH4 using Nhancer

OK all. Read all the posts and fixed all your issues.

To finish - nHancer best settings for good image quality without any noticeable problem in SH3/4:
-in the main page at your right check Profile then select the sh3.exe and add sh4.exe

- Enhancements page:
check Anti-Aliasing - Supersampling 8xs
check Super- Transparency AA
check AF 16x or 8x
check Vertical Sync off,

- Optimizations page:
check Texture filtering High Quality
check Tril. opt. Off or unchecked
check Aniso sample opt. ON (This removes Jaggies and removes the while lines you get around models and waves and rivits etc. If you are running 1920x1080 like me)

check Neg LOd Bias Clamp
leave all the others settings unchanged

- Compatibility page:
choose AA Compatibility 20000000: EA Strategy Games (this is what makes a huge difference in image quality, forcing the AA to be applyed to the entire scene. This is probably also the best solution for Flight sims)
leave all the others settings unchanged.
Then don't close nHancer go to Tools > Activate Profiles > Sh3 (select the sh3/4 profile).

now minimise nhancer and play.

In SH4 unchek post processing in graphics settings to remove grainy look.

ok my specs and I get min 60fps(big battles) max 200+ (sky) avg 110 FPS. general play.

my specs Q6600 (3ghz) , SLI x2 EVGA 8800GT's 512MB (not OC). 4gig 800 ram My winxp only recognises 2.5Gig Ram. 32" LCD screen Hdmi 1920X1080 75hz. oh and Evga 680i SLI Motherboard.

this will give you good settings. if it is slow then back down your supersampling to the multi x4.

Let me know guys but this does fix all your issues i have read so far. the big fix is check on the Aniso sample opt.

Happy Sailing from Hells Circus. HC Wolf.

hcwolf9 is offline   Reply With Quote