View Single Post
Old 06-11-11, 03:10 AM   #51
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
So then I iuse trim to keep me from bouncing around like a cork in the atlanticf ocean during a hurricane when I want to hit something??
Nope, as already said, the trim is just to help you to keep a certain flight "attitude". I only use it for cruising, you might want to use it to assist landing in some aircraft as well. It is just meant for that you don't have to give constant control input for staying in a certain flight "attitude" (I don't know whether that's the right English word). May I ask what aircraft you are flying currently? There are some that are not suitable for beginners as their controls are very sensitive (like the P51, I-16 etc.). Try to fly with a heavy plane at first. An Il-2 is ideal for practising but you can also go for SBD-2 Dauntless or a P-47 if you prefer American aircraft.
If you have a mission4today account (you can register for free) I recommend this "campaign" for you:http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=2147

Quote:
I'm hard headed so the only adjusting I did was turn off the advanced engine management, which controls got to be set for each aircraft.
I'm not sure I understand that correctly. You don't have to set up controls for each aircraft individually. once you have mapped all the keys you can use them for all aircraft.
Besides you really don't have to do much engine management in the game anyway. Just switch to a higher blower stage when you get above 3.000m and set your prop pitch at 60% for cruise or 100% for take off/combat (switching the pitch isn't even mandatory in this game).
German fighters will do everything automatically for you by BTW.