View Single Post
Old 08-16-22, 07:17 PM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Coming back from patrol I found myself re-fueling at Midway on June 2nd, 1942. Since my patrol was done I decided to join the Battle of Midway. On the morning of June 3rd I got notification of a Task Force coming due East and fast.

There were two Shōkaku class and two Hiryū class carriers. OK so some ships that were not actually at the battle, but A for effort. I got in front of it and managed to get a Shōkaku and a Kongo class Battleship blundered in my torps towards one of the Hiryū. Went deep and after a massive thrashing managed to evade to the west. Then I decided that since I found their version of Kidō Butai that I may be able to find Yamamoto' Main Body. I had a rough idea of where it should be, but after searching for two days, even after I got notified of the retreat of the remains of Kidō Butai I found nothing.

I started to wonder and figured I would ask, has anyone managed to find the Yamato during Midway?

Yes, but it depends on what version/mods you are running. If running the stock/out of the box game, then likely no as the traffic is not very historical and never recall seeing the force with the Yamato in the mission files.

I know for a fact it is in my TMO Update mod , as part of the campaign rework I added a lot of historical traffic, especially major warships such as Yamato. In fact most of Yamato and Musashi's historical movements were recreated from start of war until their sinkings using records.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote