View Single Post
Old 06-19-15, 07:17 PM   #57
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

And let's just recap here, before I get called the PC Police again.

I started this thread labelled the perpetrator of this attack a terrorist. Domestic or otherwise, I called him a terrorist and sent my prayers to the families of the victims and to the survivors. Ok?

Then I get taken to task for calling it a terrorist attack, by no less than two people. I get called 'Pathetic' for calling it a terrorist attack. Do I have an agenda? My only agenda is to call this what it is, if it had been a black guy shooting up a white church, I would still consider it an act of domestic terrorism, akin to the Black Panthers (who I'm surprised we've not heard more from in recent months).
Because I want to make sure that it doesn't matter what ethnicity, religion, sex or age this person is, if he sets out to cause terror, then he is by my definition and that of the dictionary, a terrorist, and for this I am 'Pathetic'. In Rockstars counter-arguement he states that he was not a regular terrorist nor likely a domestic terrorist. I concede that legally this was likely the case, however since then it has been announced that the Department of Justice is going to be looking at this as an act of Domestic terrorism.
I have labelled this...person...from the start as a terrorist, and his actions as an act of terror. I am not alone in this labelling, and far from there being little discussion about it, if one were to look at social media regarding the event, one would find quite a significant amount of discussion about it, with a great majority labelling it an act of terror.

If there has been any labelling going on here, it's been by people wanting to find excuses not to name this psychopath a terrorist.

But, by all means, dismiss me as the PC police as always, stick two fingers up at me, it's your decision, but ultimately we will see what the Department of Justice says, and until then I will reiterate my initial post which put forward my thoughts and prayers to the victims families and to the survivors of this terrorist attack on America.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote