View Single Post
Old 06-28-22, 07:13 PM   #2586
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Would be nice to add some life to the crew on deck.
Hey there, good to hear from you. They are animated (with Silent Hunter 4 standard animations). So they fidget and rub themselves a little bit when they stand on deck. I used one of the interior animation routines and added a bunch of crew slots on the bow.

I have two sort of unrelated questions for you:

1) - Have you had any luck getting rid of the "Jello Water" bug for SH4? Where waves are distorted when you exceed about 32x time compression and the weather changes? I spent many days trying to resolve this bug and I couldn't. Especially frustrating because, not to brag but IMO my wave modifications look better than stock water. This "Jello water" bug has affected literally every weather mod/supermod combo I have tried, and stock SH4.

For now my workaround is to have two sets of weather files: one with no wave state changes for players who use time compression above 32x, and another set for people who play SH4 in real time. Far from an ideal solution, obviously.

2) Do you know of any way to have an extensible object that can be raised gradually like a periscope, or is the number of periscopes hard coded? I would like the player to be able to raise a string of kill flags incrementally so that for instance, 25% raised = 4 kill flags, 50% raised = 8 kills, etc. I could use the snorkel for kill flags but I can't raise it incrementally.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote