View Single Post
Old 10-13-21, 03:31 AM   #22
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
What has been said about designating the target from CITV in Search or Hunter Killer mode appears to be indeed not working. Patch 1.2 despite the claim that it was corrected did not really help. That part is buggy and requires some further study. Page 34 in the manual to go by the book.

Note: it works sometimes but I cannot pinpoint really when.
Copy that, thanks. I’ve been playing computer games since the early ‘80s and noticed there’s a pattern or method to winning almost every game.

In Mechwarrior 2, for example, you could beat the game with the smallest mech by circling your enemy as fast as possible while shooting at them. It got to the point where I could take down any enemy mech while they couldn’t hit me.

In Armored Fist, 1994, as another example, there are procedures that if followed, will allow you to win every mission. Pause at the beginning of every mission and set platoons to Experienced, Wedge formation, Slow, and Road March. If any enemy armor is encountered, lock on it, call for arty, face toward it, pop smoke, then back up to cover. The game is not realistic so arty kills all tanks.

I haven’t quite figured out M1TP2 yet. I will be successful when I’ve beaten every campaign and every single mission on hard mode. Right now, I’m still learning the game.

This may take a while.

I’m sure you’ve seen these articles:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020301...1tp2strat.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20020825.../m1clhard.html

If not, they’re good reading. I seriously cannot believe it’s been 20 years! I do remember these discussions - especially the hate for Hasbro for canceling the Tank Platoon and Gunship sequels. Seems like yesterday to me.

No matter - this software was great in 1999 and still is in 2021!!!

If there’s a way to record gameplay within Win98, I’ll give it a try for uploading to YouTube. Maybe An early version of Fraps would work. Worst case, I’ll just record the monitor.

I’ll keep you guys posted on the progress!
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote