View Single Post
Old 07-26-20, 06:11 AM   #639
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
! 2. Speaking of, my UZO often jumps from (x6?)magnification no zoom level and it takes a lot of agressive back and forth scrolling to get it back to its normal magnification, which is very annoying when trying to time stuff! Is there a way to stop this from happening??
The same problem persists with the periscopes which is also very annoying when trying to use the stadimeter(?) because it happenes atleast once that my zoom gets stuck in a back and forth with me scrolling against whatever the game is trying to do to put me back to no zoom. This makes engaging the destroyers in the first mission a complete nightmare due to their speed.
This can happen sometimes but from what I know it's no way near your experience. In my case, one mouse scroll solves the problem almost every time...

Quote:
! 3. Probably my biggest grievance.. my ability to switch to my mouse cursor to select stuff, like the identication book, the officers, speed, heading and dive commands etc just disappears. I have to leave the scope and get back on it or open the map, close it again to get the ability back to switch to my mouse. The usual right click just does nothing at after some point and I do not know what causes it because it works other times. This also happenes when not looking through scopes etc but far far less often and it's not a big problem then because I do not lose track of something or miss my clock by opening and closing the map real quick.
This means getting data and putting it into the tdc is hardly doable without alteast 3-4 times going out and back into the scope to fix my mouse.
Just hit "num enter" two times quickly to unstuck your left mouse click. Read carefully included TWoS quick start manual for more useful tips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraft View Post

8. My Problems:

! 1. The binoculars (Keyboard: B) stop working, ie they don't show up anymore when I press the button. The last time this happened it was after diving and coming back up, I do not know if that's important. This happens to me after about 30min/1hour of actual game time in the first mission. Binocs work perfectly up until the point where they don't show up anymore... my Kapitän probably lost them to the waves or something.. very annoying as I do not like to use the UZO.

Quote:
! 4. Something that also happens but that's fairly minor as I have a workaround is that I cannot go through the "horizontal hatches" in the uboat about 1/5 times, the vertical ones work fine.
The view "crouches down" as if it's working but I just look at the hatch opening and can't get through. Workaround that I have found that fixes it for some time: close and open hatch, after that going through it works again.
These two problems are unknown to me and I never encountered them. You should be aware that binoculars can not be used while on "deck awash" due to engine limitations...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote