View Single Post
Old 06-03-23, 09:10 PM   #1391
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5USMC View Post
I just got back in the SH4 after a few years away. I have it loaded on my laptop for over 10 years and have played it with TMO since it came out.

I know have a super nice desktop that I decided to load it on. I tired Fall of the Rising Sun but could never get past the CTD I was constantly getting when starting the campaign missions from outside the base so I moved back to TMO Update BH and so far so good. I took all the add on mods in TMO and installed them as well. It took me a few adjustments to make it happy but all seems well so far. I’d do have a few questions on somethings I remember that I’m not seeing
welcome back to SH4. sorry you had troubles with FOTRSU as it is a great mega mod. Are you running with a 4GB memory enabler, such as Large Address Aware? you will need it for mods like FOTRSU as well as TMO_BH.

Quote:
1. Wasn’t there a mod that installed the historic shipping lanes for the pacific ?
you are remembering Run Silent Run Deep (RSRD). it was an add-on to Stock, GFO, as well as the original TMO (2.5 vs BH). RSRD reconfiged the shipping routes to mimic the actual IJN routes. Not sure it is compatible with TMO_BH. send a PM to Bubblehead1980 and ask him.

Quote:
2. I thought I remembered in the map when you zoomed in close enough to your boat you got a circle with marked distances in 100 yard increments. Was that removed.
you are remembering the 3000 meter bearing plotter. they are still around and available for d/l in the MODS forum.

Quote:
3. Is there any fix if running 4k to make the gauges, dials, buttons, etc… bigger to be readable or is it best to just go back to 1980 setting
i am sure there is a mod for larger gauges. what i am not sure is whether it is compatible with TMO_BH. you have to read the support doc for TMO_BH on page 1 of that thread and then read the support doc of the gauge mod. you might want to check out jimimadrid's recent user interface mods. they change a lot of the menu graphics. there may be one that shows larger gauges.

Quote:
Also, I was a member a long time back but no longer had the email to get my old sign in back so that’s why I have a new name……was ASO544
send a PM to Onkel Neal.

Thanks !!![/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote