View Single Post
Old 04-13-23, 06:49 PM   #1383
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig View Post
1st patrol completed from fremantle in mid 42 without any issues or ctd's happy days.

That's apart from those damn m14 torpedos! i must have had at least 8 torps all run deep below ships even with the shallow settings.

i'm aware of the issues these torpedo's has up until 43 so think i'l try the m10's and see how i go.

Couple of questions,

I play with manual targeting and no map contacts but i do miss having the sonar lines while trying to evade destroyers, any mods available that mod back in the sonar lines?

Also, the recognition book doesn't give ship length, any mods that add that info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I cannot think of a mod with the lines, but the files are "ContLine.dds" and "DashLine.dds" in the Data \Menu \Gui folder. However, if you are using the game's menu choice of No Map Contacts, then that "blanks" them, though I do not know how... Look in that folder now before you do anything, and see if maybe the game makes the files empty. If they do, then you can just replace them. If they are not in the folder, same difference, just put files with the lines in there. However, if they are "turning them off" internally, then I do not know to get around that... unless - use a blank file for all of the ship and plane "shp" files, and turn map contacts back on. With the blank shp files, you'll not see the contacts, but you will have the lines... eh - rats, there are those "zoomed-in" "Unit*" files also... in the Data \Menu \Gui \Units folder... you'll have to "blank" those also.

As for the Ship Length figures, the game does not use those. CapnScurvy's Optical Targeting Correction (OTC) mod did alterations to the RecMan in the menu_1024_768.ini file, and displayed the figures. We are attempting to enable that particular aspect of OTC in FotRSU, and if Bubblehead1980 wants to, he could copy off of us to put it in TMO_BH, though the menu_1024_768.ini file is quite complex and scary to work on... In the meantime, you could try CapnScurvy's mod for TMO 2.5, and see if it will work in Bubblehead's version. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't, but you never know...
jumping here...which i hate to do once PB launches into one of his explanations....

i am speaking from experience here.

Ducimus/Scruvy's TMO 2.5 mods are no longer compatible with TMO_BH. BH has made many modifications to the TMO set of files and it is no longer safe to go into that water. you can try to mix TMO and BH mods but it inevitably leads to the land of CTD.

when using the Gameplay Option of No Map Contacts, SH4 manipulates a set of game-time options that turn off certain icons without touching the various files within the game folders themselves.

I cannot conceive of a way that one cannot play with both No Map Contents and set a mod-condition where one could see sonar/radar scan lines unless...... you created yourself a mod that removed all ship and sub .dds and .tga from every ship subfolder in \Data\Sea and then played with No Map Update turned off, you might get to see the sensor lines and not the ship icons.
once or twice, i tried to remove files via JSGME but i could not figure it out. Maybe PB knows how to use JSGME to remove files via modding. Suffice it to say, task of creating that "ship icon removal" mod would be truly laborious.

i do not use the Ship Recognition Manual in TMO_BH so i cannot help you there.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote