View Single Post
Old 08-17-22, 03:56 PM   #143
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

TMO Update BH V2.0+patches

USS Paddle - Early February/Mid March 1945. 10th Patrol
Destination: Luzon Strait for patrolling and anti-shipping operation with freedom of manoeuvre.

After a calm sea surface voyage, USS Paddle arrived at the patrol area. The sea state changed to high waves, wind 15m/s.

After 15 days inside the patrol area+the south china sea, the sea state remain the same and no contacts so ever.

One day, near Hainan coast, the sonar operator reported a strange sound, like chains... MINES!!!

Full stop and surface and exit the area.

After crossing the sea and already with less a half a tank, decided to go to Manilla, refuel. It's now a USA port, so...
After refuelling, USS Paddle went north, to Formosa, seeing what could pick up. During this events, the sea calmed finally.

Near the port of Hsin-Ying, radar detected several points and decided to went looking. Approached the harbour with caution but no patrol ships detected.

Harbour full of merchants and tankers. Lovely.

Submerged to 55ft and attacked. Night was clear, dawn was coming and didn't want any shore battery to see me.

Several torpedoes expended, 0 kts speed, the way I like my targets!

Exit southwest and after the day was over, surfaced and went way.

After reporting to COMSUBPAC, orders were to return base or to patrol any area my choose, no new objectives.

With torpedos left, went south, to Luzon Strait again. Pick up a lone merchant at the area, going slow, 7 kts. Shot the final bow eels and the ship went down.

After that, decided to return. Base changed mid voyage to Guam...Nice to COMSUBPAC to let us know... NOT!!!
But managed to reach the new base.

And the next mission is again to Convoy collage???
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote