View Single Post
Old 08-08-22, 03:56 AM   #137
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
"During a crash dive, some malfunction happened and the boat went down uncontrolled.

Order back emergency and blow main ballast. Damage to the forward compartment and tubes, boat went to 580ft before stopping and rising.

When levelled, went head flank and and had to blow half the tanks to rise.

My torpedo chief had his morale broken (first time I saw that).
After surfacing, repaired were made and with least of a half a tank of fuel, ordered return home."

Interesting. Wondering what caused the uncontrolled dive. Close call for sure.

Did you crash dive for a plane? Did plane drop bombs? Residual damage to dive controls from previous attack perhaps.

You're into a period of campaign now where its tougher to find targets, especially in open waters, traffic shifts to coastal areas. A lot of night surface work ahead for ya lol.

Well, I was at 128x time speed. The drop to 1x was the game, or else. In terms of report, I did add a point or two for narrative.

I crash dive for a plane, but after 100 ft and no bombing, hit time compression.

What I also thought was a mine, since I was near the first islands north of Luzon, in the Luzon Straits.

But I thought that was more cool a uncontrolled dive do to some malfunction. At least added to the atmosphere of a simulation.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote