Old 07-03-22, 11:27 AM   #9
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddeMcNasty View Post
I primarily use it to set up the no-fatigue model, i feel like the grown men aboard my uboat should be able to figure out their own nappy times and rotate one another hahaha. Other than that, i don't use it for much else to be honest.

For 1 thing, that is part & parcel with running SH3. Especially as it pertains to crew management. #, is NOT like 4... where the crew rotate for different shifts... which, is a misnomer as it is more... watches.

Now, that is where the "No crew fatigue" option with SH3 Commander, comes into play.

BUT...

that is NOT it's only function, there are a plethora of uses for it... beyond that 1. Too numerous to name off every single 1... so, I'll highlight just the main major ones, besides the "No fatigue" one.

(All of this, predates LSH3, particularly the 2020-2022 versions, btw... )

Know that there are other mods out there, that.... simulate date time-controlled things, such as... torp loadouts, certain equipment that wasn't properly modeled or date controlled in game... to ASW stuff.

So, using it for more than... as you put it... depending on the crew to deal with their own... 'nappy time', is crucial.

Now...

moving on to the... elephant, in the thread, so to speak...

am... curious....

Just where, pray tell, do you have the whole shebang, set up at... exactly.????

Hmmmm....

Because... & I quote you here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddeMcNasty View Post
Now as for my problem, i have installed the mod just fine and most of the features work as intended, in-game anyway. However, when i want to start a new game in COMMANDER mode, i can't select any uboat type. For example, i try for a campaign from 1942 in the 7th or 11th flotilla, the dropbox for the type comes up empty.Could someone help with this, please?

Particularly, paying attention to the aspect & part highlighted in "Orange" ... here.

Now, if as you... assert... were everything hunky dory, with your install.... then.... you should NOT be having issues with selection of a flotilla nor a uboat assigned to that flotilla...

This, points to 1 of... hmmm... would say, at this juncture... 2 possible causes, at minimum... the liklihood of an improper install location, being # 1...

#2... that you pointed SH3Cmdr, improperly, at a wrong SH3 install... possibly.

Which, brings Me to... elephant # 2, in the thread....

just how many modded copies of SH3, are you rolling with here... pray tell.... hmmm...

curious minds.... wanna know...

&....

lastly, BUT... by NO means, least or less importantly... elephant #3, in the thread...

if you are rolling with more than 1... modded copy of SH3...

are you using MultiSH3, to keep the game save folders.... separate, from each other... including the main SH3.... install.

Which, with that as I understand it, the 2020 & 2022 versions of LSH3, don't nest themselves there... in that main install, which... is a very good thing, unlike the other mod sets for SH3... prior to Fifi's hardcore enhanced NYGM work... & then there, OneAlex's GWX Reworx version...

Both, of those lastly named mod sets predicated on the user of them, already owning & having access to the original stock copy of SH3, by the way... are all set up, the only thing to do... is to set them up, (any where but in either of Window's terror controlled sectors, namely "Program files"

C:\Program files

OR

C:\Program files (x86)

under the watchful gaze of it's hound of Hades, rabid pit bull, UAC.) set up what optionals included with them you want & roll with them...

Pretty much, Eazy peezy, Mac & cheezy... so easy to set up, a cave man could do it.

So... would be useful, as well as helpful... to know the answers to those elephants in the thread, if you'd be so kind as to answer them there... PaddeMcNasty.

M. M.