Old 06-01-22, 03:06 PM   #175
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCow View Post
Can someone confirm that the original Silent Hunter IV is NOT required to play this mod? If this is the case how is this possible? Has the Silent Hunter IV codebase gone "public domain"? I ask because I had always held off on Silent Hunter IV as I thought the copy protections scheme was a huge mess.
I have access to both v1.4 & v1.5 of SH4, through Steam... so I assume this is where your query comes from, yes...?

As is, I used v1.4 once... until I wanted to roll with FotRS some time back. I dumped v1.4 & found that yes... it can be bought separately from Steam & ran, WITHOUT having to buy v1.4 SH4... as both are listed as separate purchase points.

Every modded version of SH4 I have is... Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5

Note:

With KSD II: Ace, this comes with everything preset up, (aside from some additional add in's... you can add in that are not included in the preset up, BUT... be warned, that some of those NOT added in, can... cause issues... you have been warned.)

This is, predicated on the basis, that you already have access to SH4, paid for.

M. M.

As for the 'code base', having gone public domain... nope...

That is still in Ubi's grip, as is 3 & 5... though, I strongly suspect, that 3... will join its brethren 1 & 2, soon... & given a couple of more years afterwards, that 4 will join them... though, this is just My own thoughts on that... so take it with a convoy of 35 C2 Cargo ships... loaded down with sea salt... for what it's worth.