Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 11-26-21, 11:06 AM   #1171
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 434
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Hello sailors ...After a year I m planing to start again with Dw excellent mod,new career..
We talk about turm upgrade issues a lot
IF YOU HAVE THE TURM UPGRADE ISSUE (from SKIDMAN):

« Both the Typ VII and the Typ IX U-Boat will receive conning tower upgrades as the game proceeds. Every time I was awarded a new "Turm", the result was a submarine that could not move forward, or backward. A "Cannot comply" message was displayed instead. The crew screen showed missing and empty slots. This bug has been experienced and described before, and -as lurker put it- it is a nasty one. So from my experience a conning tower upgrade means end of your career. This is not acceptable.

How can you continue? Well, there is a workaround: You have to create a dummy file.

I try this ofcourse, but this applies only when we recieve turm upgrade in base,bunker...My question : when we change other equipment(deck gun,flack gun,sensors...) no need for creating dummy file
dex,

what is your question?
did you mean to ask: do i have to perform the turm upgrade issue if i upgrade specific equipment while in port?

if it is, then the answer is: no, it is not required.

the Turm-upgrade thing has to be performed when you get a new Turm. this happens after a mission and you receive a screen that announces the upgrade. when it happens, you will know that it happened, and you will have to react to it.

Good Luck, Herr Kaleun!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote