View Single Post
Old 10-26-21, 05:49 PM   #11
Sub Stantial
Nub

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default Land strike question

Hi,

first off, a huge thank you to all the authors of this wonderful mod. It really brings CW to a whole new level!

Secondly, I'd have a question about land stike missions: long story short, I've been already assigned a couple of times to these in my Akula 1984 Atlantic Map campaign.

Now, every single time I've tried these missions, it always goes like this: one (or more) of the enemy ships runs aground and I can't sink them anymore, as they're in too shallow waters and even wire-guided torpedoes hit the sea bottom before reaching them.
So, when I fire missiles at the target (Holy Loch, in this case), many of them get shot down by that ship's anti-missile countermeasures, even if I position my sub between the ship and the objective and get as close as possible to the target.

Is this a known bug? What can I do in order to complete this kind of missions succesfully? I thought about loading something like 20 missiles (instead of the required 8) to account for possible losses due to interception, but this is obviously not an ideal solution (nor does it even guarantee that enough of them won't be shot down anyway).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Sub Stantial; 10-29-21 at 07:43 PM.