View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 03:04 PM   #3599
Atoka220
Bosun

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0

Okay
I'm blown away by OHII's sinking mechanics

This liberty ship took a single torpedo to the starboard side just before the superstructure
She slowly started sinking of course and had a little list but they managed to stop the flooding just as the water reached the anchors
Or tought they
The water was slowly filling other compartments in the bow and she although excruciatingly slowly, but kept going down
And when the water started washing the deck, she passed the tipping point and the crew abandoned ship.
It took a full hour in game time for the bow to sink but after passing the point of no return, she plunged with the bow rapidly pulling her under raising the propeller out of the water and the stern towering above the sea
She's my current recorder in sinking time totaling in a full hour and 10 minutes to fully sink after the torpedo hit

And the second one is a Vicotry ship not far behind with 1h and 8min also with a single torpedo but to the stern

Okay not these sinking mechanics doe

Ocean liner steaming towards New York on a freezing january morning
It would be a catastrophe if they would sink in those freezing waters

Oh wait
It did sink

That coloumn of smoke is a flower corvette that I sniped from 5km
I was too inpatient to wait it to pass so waited till they turned their back towards me and couldn't reach me with their bow cannon and surfaced quickly, then boom
Missed like 20 times, landed 3 direct hits

Up close and personal