View Single Post
Old 12-12-23, 05:21 PM   #73
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

14 April 1942

CENTPAC
An AKL the was presumably evacuated from Pago when the KB drew close was sunk by one of my subs when it tried to return to port. Night surface gun/torpedo attack.
Recon aircraft are now surveilling Fiji, standing by for force estimates.

China
He's trying to be sneaky around Kokong, thinking he can take it back from me while I'm trying to grab Kanshien. I will have to pull back a bit but I think this ends with me taking Kanshien anyways while he sends troops into the meat grinder for me. I've adjusted bomber assignments to try to slow down the troops approaching from the northwest just in case.

Part of his adjustment here was calling five bombers in to hit by troops between the two bases, so I'm pulling some fighters into LRCAP duties over the troops.

Bay of Bengal
My carriers attempted a limited strike on a minesweeper displaced during the shelling of Cochin, but missed. 2 Hurricanes were on patrol but no aircraft were lost in the skirmish.

16 Blenheims hit our troops in Colombo, which somehow weren't covered by an LRCAP. I'll fix that tomorrow obviously. Fortunately this raid was ineffective.

Industry
A little snag with Nick deployments--very few fighter units are eligible to receive them, just bomber squadrons for the most part. So I might be transitioning some of the light bomber units--currently assigned to ASW duty--to fulfill the ASUW/interceptor role. Which then means I'd have to pull medium bombers from ground support missions to fulfill the ASW role, or I'd just have to pay political points to pull training units to frontline service. Nothing insurmountable, just tedious.