Old 03-22-13, 02:56 PM   #200
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean74 View Post
Merci Gap

I tried to download your file but RapidShare tell me :"Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)" and RapidShare try to run an activeX plugin that my AV protectionblock.
Here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?sgdwxzs07bzaw4s

This is the "metric system version"; alpha (decimal) values will be messed for users running the spreadsheet on English localized systems, unless they replace the full stop with the comma in windows international settings of their computers. If there is interest, I can prepare a "imperial system version".

Understanding all of its functionalities requires reading the following instructions:

For a start, on opening the editor, enable its macros. The spreadheet got 6 sheets (one for each envcolors area, not including murky waters areas) + 1 for the gradient calculator.
  • Each sheet compares the settings of stock game and their omologue of real environment and dynamic environment (raw data in hidden columns "G", "M" and "S").
  • Column "T" gives information on where DynEnv settings were taken from . Its outputs can be either "stock", "realEnv" or "custom".
  • Columns from "U" to "AG" are used for editng color settings. Columns "U", "V" and "W" let you input a completely new color. Column "X" is used for selecting the color you want to pick between stock, realenv, dynenv and the color defined with the previous 3 columns. Columns from "AB " to "AG" are used for further adjusting hue saturation and brightness of the picked colour, either as a percent of the base-values or by adding/subtracting a fixed offset to them.
  • Column "AP" displays the new settings, ready for use in game (you can just copy/paste them).
  • Columns "F", "L", "R" and "AO" are used for comparing settings with their counterparts in the previous/next section (different sun angles):

- up-facing arrow: the setting is the same as its homologue of the previous section;
    - down-facing arrow: the setting is the same as its homologue of the next section;
    - double arrow: the setting is the same as its homologues of the previous/next sections;
    - not equal sign: setting different from its homologues of the previous/next sections.

• Columns "E", "K", "Q", and "AN" are used for color previews. If you change an entry, it is not updated automatically. You should use one of the macros. Go to Add-Ins Excel menu, and click on the Macro button for seeing the available macros. There are 7 macros but atm I suggest you to use only the one called RefreshCurrentColor: double click on it after selecting the cell displaying the color you have just edited.

Beware that other macros are affecting many cells, and can take a long while before they finish doing their job. If you run one of them by mistake, and your excel seems freezed, press the esc button on your keybord, and then select "end macro" in the following menu. Also notice that running a macro resets Excel's history, so be wise when you use them.

Last: a filter is applied to the first 6 sheets. Click on the upper left cell to select only the desired parameters.

As for the gradient calculator, it is quite self explanatory: just input 2 colors, their position within the gradient, the number of colors composing the gradient (up to 10 in the current version) and the method you want to use for calculating it (either RGB or HSB). When you have finished, click on the Refresh Colors buttom in order to preview the gradient.
For each generated color you can see its hex code and its RGB values that yo can copy/paste as values into the color input section of the first 6 sheets.

That's all, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean74 View Post
Another time many thanks for your congratulations,
My congratulations were sincere, and you fully deserved them.

After many years spent hanging around various game modding communities, I am still surprised of the many people who, like you and me, are using their free time and their talent on bizarre stuff like our spreadsheets, and enjoy sharing it with no other reward than a "thank you". We must be crazy!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote