View Single Post
Old 08-02-10, 03:18 AM   #30
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Added: now displays a prompt if JSGME cannot enable or disable mod files (ie because they are open)
I might have to reverse this. Historically I have used the rawest, lowest level system functions to copy and move files. To implement this feature, I have had to use higher level wrappers (which add overhead such as checking whether the file/folder is open and showing a "Try again" message box if it is)...which has resulting is a massive performance decrease. Mods that currently take 1 second to enable now can take 40 seconds, all so that JSGME can trap the situation when users have files open.

Given the unlikelihood that you will have mod or game files open (unless you are a modder), then I don't think this enhancement is worth the performance hit. Thus I will rollback this particular change and remind all users (direct from the User Guide):

Make sure you close all mod and game files before enabling or disabling mods. Not doing so may result in integrity problems and possible game corruption as locked files are ignored by JSGME.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote