View Single Post
Old 04-18-22, 07:29 AM   #19
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

astvitaliy1982 makes a number of good points. Being from Donetsk, you would have a better understanding of things than most of us who reside elsewhere. To be fair, those of us who reside in America only know what is being reported. Therefore, our understanding of things eight years ago isn't what it is now. I'm sure most although not everyone had any idea that Putin is as evil as he is.

The hanging of a Ukrainian flag in Subsim could perhaps be seen as politicizing Subsim although, I know that isn't the intention. Like everyone else, I feel the war in the Ukraine is and remains stupid on more levels than I care to discuss. Certainly, the U.S, U.K and many other countries are sending weapons for Ukraine to defend itself and will continue to do so even in the face of Russian threats. I believe the Ukraine needs heavier armaments to defend themselves.

I have noticed that our Subsim members from Russia have been silent on this issue. I think they probably feel as we all do that this stupid war is destructive and senseless. I think there may be other reasons as well.

Our Russian Subsim members may well have their internet access blocked. Further, It would be dangerous and perhaps deadly for our members in Russia to disagree with the official party line there. Reports have filtered out of Russia of dissenters and protestors being killed there in Russia. Certainly, if our Russian members have internet access, they are being closely monitored. We enjoy the luxury of expressing our views here in Subsim. Our members from Russia are not so lucky. In this way, they are victims as well. With that said, I certainly don't hold those Russian citizens responsible for this war. I hope our Subsim members from Russia don't feel the views expressed in opposition to the war here in Subsim to be an indictment of them.

I'm certain, with the determination and bravery that the Ukrainians have showed in this war that they will rebuild their country, with help, back to where it was before.

One final thought. I think the Russian invasion has been a colossal and strategic failure from start to finish. The economic damage to Russia will take many years to undo. Russia's standing in the world and foreign policy is in shambles. If the political aim was to decapitate The Ukrainian leadership, it failed miserably. Putin has failed to divide NATO and the alliance came together much faster than Russia anticipated.

Further, instead of dividing NATO, both Finland and Sweden are now set to join the alliance. Finland of course shares a border of some 800 miles with Russia. I think this demonstrates clearly how incompetent and inept Putin is.

I'm glad our Subsim members support Ukraine in it's struggles. Then again, I'm hardly surprised.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote