View Single Post
Old 10-29-21, 09:53 PM   #53
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
That's exactly what "Free XXX" nations are used for.
Yes indeed, I know that. I am the one who reworked DesSides.cfg for Open Horizons II back in 2011, when Zedi was still in charge of the mod. With little changes the file is now part of TWoS; I think my exaplanatory notes are still in place btw.

When I created the "Free" nations I had exactly those "ambiguous" diplomatic stances in mind. Nonetheless, more recently, I came to realize that the said nations were poorly implemented in game, or not used at all. I will give you an example. The FreeAmerican nation was created for allowing the implementation of Neutrality Patrols, but I think they were never actually added to the campaign. IIRC, the last time I checked the FreeAmerican roster it was empty.

Several months ago I discussed the topic with Vecko, and I think that the shortcomings were amended at least in part. I say "at least in part" because the last time I offered to cooperate with him on those aspects of the OHII/TWoS campaign he gently refused my proposal, and then he came up with his own changes, so now I am unsure on which features were implemented according to my original idea and which not.

I hope I made myself clearer now
gap is offline   Reply With Quote