View Single Post
Old 01-31-23, 01:24 PM   #5285
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
On January 9, 1945 Balao arrived in home port of NAB Manus Island. Decided I wanted to be closer to the "action" so I requested a transfer to Guam on January 10, 1945. The transfer was approved.

So imagine my surprise when after getting orders to head to Convoy College I was now at Mios Woendi. It was also now shown as my Home Port.

Teleportation is wonderful, but they could at least give a guy a little warning! The question is: is there a file problem somewhere that confuses Guam with Mios Woendi? Not an urgent matter. Thanks!
When you are based at BaseOne, you are assigned BaseOne missions. But this occurs when you come back in from patrol, NOT as you go out on patrol. So you are at BaseOne on January 9, 1945 (Manus). The game will go at least 17 days between patrols. That is January 26, but it can go longer. I do not remember the upper limit... Anyway, at Manus, the Gato transfers out automatically on 1945-02-16, and is set to go to SubicBay, which becomes active 1945-02-14. Guam is active 1944-10-07 to NULL, and the Gato is allowed there the same dates. Mios Woendi, which is a SpecOps site, is active from 1944-08-18, and the Gato is transferred out of there on 1945-02-16, automatically transferring to SubicBay also...

The arrival at BaseOne (again, Manus) on January 9, 1945 gets you another Manus assignment (or ~SHOULD~), which then will show a January 10 date... your sail date will be no sooner than January 28, but should still be a Manus assignment, which should be for the South China Sea, even if you transfer to Pearl Harbor from there... of which, if you did that, you should have the SCS assignment, but start from Pearl. Since you attempted a transfer to Guam, you should have Guam as home port, but still be assigned the SCS...

I'll double-check any possible date "bleeds" that might be causing you the issue...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote