View Single Post
Old 05-19-23, 02:42 PM   #476
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

I've posted about these things several times, here's a better look at what they are:

What this guy doesn't mention- they have a ridiculously long shelf life (figure on a couple of years) at room temperature, which makes them really handy for stuff like emergencies and power outages (note the high sodium numbers). They are also pretty freaking cheap, so you can load up the shelves in your kitchen without putting a dent in your finances.

The chili he reviews is my personal go-to. I have a feeling he didn't check the date code because that's about as old as I would trust it. The normal color is the same as Hormel canned chili. My next favorite is the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. Its great hot, but also edible at room temperature. Perfect for that Thanksgiving you spend in a culvert or basement.

All of these meals are pre-cooked. As long as you have a clean spoon, you have chow whether its hot or cold. That said, I would avoid anything with mashed taters or a white sauce/gravy like its the plague. Its OK at best only if its been microwaved, however it IS edible.

Bon Apatite!
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote