View Single Post
Old 04-18-23, 03:23 PM   #469
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Four or five years ago I posted on rocket stoves, and my Versa Ecozoom. They are a great prepper item to have. Good stoves are very fuel efficient. Some can also burn coal without making a total mess (the Ecozoom can). All should be able to burn just any biomass, not just wood.

Back then I made even a video on mine, but I was relatively new to filming and made some mistakes, namely that every scene was too long. It should have been just a quarter of the length it had. It was all too long, and thats why I do not link it anymore. Instead this video by another guy, it shows the thing in action. Hieght is 30cm, weight is 6.6 kg. Not for trekking and moving as long as you do not use a van or truck, but for base camps and prepping.

Great model, I use exactly this one. Flame stays stable for ver ylong time. I used it half a dozen times over the past 3, 4 years, just for fun. Its great kit.

I use a cast-iron pan on this one and also got a Dutch oven. I do not use coal, it makes too much soot. With wood this burns just very well and is WAY easier and quicker to clean!