View Single Post
Old 03-09-10, 02:30 PM   #22
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkster319 View Post
One thing to note: The Stadimeter should be placed at the highest mast point not on top of the funnel I think?
I think its being found that a more accurate result has being got bt placing it on the funnel in SH5, could be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
I was just nitpicking you LOL.

But seriously, it was more than one degree.. it was like 6 degrees. You didn't have your scope on the target when you entered 120 degrees. When you slewed your scope onto him to take the shot, the AOB moved along with the scope to like 126 degrees.

That said, AOB CAN be fudged alittle (i consider 5 degree error acceptable). Which is why i always shake my head when i see people doing long math formulas to figure it out.
Not at all Gutted, thanks for the observation. Yes you are right looking back over it ther is a few degrees in it. I'm still used to doing it the SH4 way where the scope followed the target when locked.
DId a few tests since in SH5 and yes if you click on the contact on the map as your doing the AoB with the protractor the scope swings back on to the target. This will give the correct AoB for that instance.

Sorry almost missed you Jeevz, I found it in the mod section mentioned in a post was originally from the French forum.
If you can't find it I could reupload but I don't know who the credit belongs to?
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote