View Single Post
Old 03-09-10, 10:54 AM   #19
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Yes 1 degree can make a big difference at long range That shot was close to 4340 meters out. That can have a margin of almost 50 meters just from 1 degree.
Again the method I employed is quick to calculate while you have your target in the scope.
While I do trake targets over alonger period and set up there tracks with more percesion. and have my AoB preset for a certain radial that the target will cross over before firing.
This is a quick and easy method that works for me over 90% of the time at close and long range.
And that for achives more kills than trying to line up numbers with the Auto method (If one could call it auto ).

Will try to get a new more indepth vid done soon.
I was just nitpicking you LOL.

But seriously, it was more than one degree.. it was like 6 degrees. You didn't have your scope on the target when you entered 120 degrees. When you slewed your scope onto him to take the shot, the AOB moved along with the scope to like 126 degrees.

That said, AOB CAN be fudged alittle (i consider 5 degree error acceptable). Which is why i always shake my head when i see people doing long math formulas to figure it out.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote