View Single Post
Old 09-05-09, 08:09 AM   #35
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

This is my proposal, and I sincerely believe this is what we should stick to.
All necessary images are posted below.

We will meet in Copenhagen between 7.30 and 8.30.
During that time, we'll go to the Hertz office and pick up the van.
I propose that I'll pay by my local credit card, and you give me some cash, if we need to pay in advance.

Schedule
7.30 Meet at the hotel
7.45 We walk along the lakes to Hertz at Ved Vesterport (see map)
8.00 We get the van(s)
8.30 We leave Cph - the drive to Rødby is set to last 1h45, so we can make a stop on the road there, but no more than 0h45 in total.
11.00 We have to be at Rødby harbour
11.15 The ferry leaves Rødby - I suggest we eat some lunch at the ferry.
11.45 Arrival in Puttgarten
13.00 Arrival in Laboe - the drive to Laboe is set to last 1h15
19.00 The museums close
19.15 We leave Laboe - at the latest
20.30 Arrival in Puttgarten - we mustn't get there later than 20.30
20.45 The ferry leaves Puttgarten - I suggest we eat some dinner at the ferry.
21.15 Arrival in Rødby
23.00 Arrival in Cph - provided we have made no stops back home.

This van from Hertz seems to cost 1695 dkk. I'm sure it's just the rent, and that some other expences will come on top of it, like maybe insurances, and of course fuel too. If we need to stop along the way, this is one important reason to do so. And this prize is ONLY, if we're not increasing in participation number. If so, I'll have to check for alternatives to the 9 person van, so we may need a 7 person van and a car.
The ferry is 500 dkk.
So the prize for now is 2195 dkk / 9 = 244 dkk. We will do the final calculations, when we're back in Cph as to how much we each have to pay. Expect to pay more.

The screencaps. First a map of Cph. I have made a circle around the hotel (6) and around the street Ved Vesterport. So if someone should be late, it's either at the hotel at 7.30 or at the Hertz office at Ved Vesterport at 8.15. I know it sounds provocative, but I could be one of those, who would be late. :rotfl: But I'm sure, if it happens that you can make the walk yourself. When I arrive, I actually arrive at the small train station, Vesterport. So just in case, you have been warned...
Then two screenshots of the van with info, also with an image of the Hertz logo, so you know it - and what to look for just in case...
Then the ferry schedule and prize. It will be with the shoppingticket, which lasts for one day. I hope it's okay to stay in Germany this many hours. Otherwise they had another one-day ticket of 895 dkk I think...
Then some maps and driving info, which I have posted here previously...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote